Once Upon A Time
If you are looking to register, please post your username under the "Applications" category and introduce yourself in the "Introductions" category.
Once Upon A Time
If you are looking to register, please post your username under the "Applications" category and introduce yourself in the "Introductions" category.
Once Upon A Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Once Upon A Time

A creative writing forum where we can create and share stories of all genres.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Elven Wood

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet
Name: Amus
Profession: Assassin, the Wind

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 2:38 pm

A place of old magic and great wonder, the Elven Wood is vast and thick, concealing mighty power deep within its borders.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Deep within the Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 1:51 pm

Fawzi listened carefully as Patja explained the Elvish justice system. Fawzi looked towards the light of the town over the children of Patja as he thought: it seemed a very cold manner of handing out justice to him- but he scolded himself for judging that which he does not understand, and cleared the thought from his mind. He let Patja talk of the Elves for a little longer before asking: "but, Patja, know you any stories of the Tybai?" Patja grew still for an instant. Silence reigned over the Elven forest as Fawzi waited for Patja's answer. It was difficult to remain calm.
"Long ago, before the time of demons," Patja rumbled in Fawzi's mind, "the Tybai roamed freely with their children, the Dryaid race, and they named the trees. They named me Farlok, in that time long ago, and I became Patja of this forest. That was before the village was here, and before the earth grew silent. The Tybai were kind, gentle tenders of the forests and the Dryaids played in my branches and sung to my first children then. But, one day, when the Elves moved into the village on the outskirts of my forest, a Dryaid named Amilr came to me and said that the Dryaids would leave my forest. I did not understand: for the Dryaids and the Elves were always friends, but Amilr said to me that the Tybai were going to build a new forest and leave me to care for my children, as they considered me strong and wise enough to do so, and so the Dryaids would leave with them. I know not what happened to my friends after that, but I have cared for my children as the Tybai had asked me, and I am now glad that Dryaids are back to play in my branches and sing their songs." Fawzi stroked the bark of Patja Farlok as he told him that more Dryaids would come as soon as he could send them word of his forest. Fawzi said he might have to leave before the others came but they would surely come. Patja Farlok played happily with Fawzi a long time after that until Fawzi climbed down, saying he must sleep and send word to the other Dryaids about Farlok Forest. Fawzi glided through the forest to the outskirts, where his tree hut waited for him. Lying down on the soft earth, Fawzi listened as the saplings sung songs to his dreams, and Fawzi slept.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 3:52 pm

Cautiously, a red-faced carrion bird inspected the bloody elf. His green, soot-stained tunic was heavy with scarlet fluid, and his hands were brown with dried blood. He appeared to be dead. The scavenger began to lick the cold blood from the fabric. The elf jerked awake, startling the bird. A looming silence fell once the trees had settled from the birds flight. Jevryn slowly, painfully sat up. He could feel the bones moving in his chest. "Im going to die here," he muttered to himself. "All that effort to get away, and im still going to die." The smith let out a grueling breath of air, and settled into what he believed to be his last sleep.

Last edited by Joker on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Fawzi looked down curiously at the bloody Elf lying a few feet into the forest from his hut. The saplings were very excited when he had awoken, talking about an Elf who had defied Farona and hidden in the woods. Fawzi could see the Elf was badly hurt and gently felt the unconscious man's chest. Fawzi pulled his fingers back quickly when the man groaned. Calling a vine over, Fazwi instructed it to twine about the elf, forming a brace for the ribs. Fawzi then traveled deeper into the forest. It wasn't far before he found what he was looking for: Repi berries. The healers of the forest jingle sweetly on the thin branch keeping them aloft. "take us," the jangles in Fawzi's mind, "we'll heal the elfling!" Fawzi gently picked three. Repi berries could be dangerous if you ate too many, Fawzi then stooped low to find a spring. He could hear one by the roots of the Repi plant- they only ever grew uptop an underground spring. Singing softly, Fawzi called the water to him: it bubbled up from below the earth, singing to him. He scooped some into a flask and burst the Repi berries within the water. Shaking the mixture, he walked back to the Elf. Lifting the man up gently, Fawzi poured some of the water into his mouth. Fawzi carefully watched the elf as he studied him. This elf had the scent of oak surrounding him- another Liet. But this Elf had been trained in the ways of the forest- or, as much as an elf can be trained. Elves can be taught the ways of the Tybai but they don't have the ability to sing the songs. The elf began to awake.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Jevryn looked up at the strange man dressed in leaves. He had a smooth, handsome face and a slight beard growing from ear to ear. He was definitely of human heritage, but there was something about him that seemed vaguely... animal. It wasn't until he had thoroughly examined this strange man that he noticed that his chest didn't hurt anymore. He looked down and, though his tunic was still blood-stained, his ribs were healed. The pain was gone, and his energy had returned. A strange thought flashed through Jevryn's mind. "Excuse me, but are you a Liet?"
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 7:38 am

Fawzi freely laughed at the Oak Liet's question.
"Liet of oak, taught by trees: have you never heard of a Dryad before? My name is Fawzi and I am from Doherwos Forest, many miles from here. How very interesting you elves are! Two Liets, one not even trained in woodland lore, and none of you know a Dryad when you see one! What has Patja Farlok been teaching you Elves?" Fawzi continued to laugh.
"Now what cause has a peaceful Liet to be so wounded in his home forest? Come- let us take you to Patja Farlok and see what he makes of you. But, first I must send a message to my people about this forest: Patja Farlok has graciously allowed my people to come and live here." Fawzi stood and helped the Oak Liet to sit up. Leaving the healed Elf for a moment, he walked over to an Elm tree and tapped on the bark, singing to message song. Working hard to fit his message in with the rhythm of the song, Fawzi was rewarded when a single leaf drifted down- any Dryad or properlytrained Liet would be able to read the message contained on the leaf. Fawzi bowed in thanks to the Elm and walked back to his hut. He sung another song, calling a bird to him. He delivered the leaf to it's carrier and requested it be taken to Doherwos Forest quickly. The bird flew and Fawzi turned back to the Elf.
"Come, let us go see Patja Farlok: it is his forest after all, we ought not to be so rude as to be late in greeting him."
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:45 pm

"Wait, did you call me a Liet? How could I be a Liet? One must be born as one, and I am a full-blooded elf." After no response from Fawzi, he resigned to puzzle over the matter silently. He stood, still curious as to how he was cured, and followed the forest-man. He had heard of the Dryads, but never really knew what they were. If this man was one, then he was very interested in learning more about their ways. The pair came to a small clearing in the forest, where a massive oak tree resided. As Jevryn's foot stepped into the clearing, his mind was pounded with a tremendous sound.
"Welcome, my child. It is time for you to take you place as my guardian." The voice was identical to the voice that had invited Jevryn into the forest the first time.
"So, we meet again," the elf spoke aloud. "Why have you brought me here, Patja?" In the midst of the telepathic communication, the rest of the world faded away from Jevryn's sight as he focused his energies on the massive tree before him.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Fawzi sat in one of Patja Farlok's boughs as the elf conversed with the ancient oak father. How very very odd these Elves were: this Liet did not even know how he came to be one. Fawzi turned to Patja Farlok's eldest child- climbing up he asked the tree how these Elves came to be such Liets.
"Chosen at birth, Liets feel the forest within them- guided by the tree who adopts them, Liets have often abandoned their native people and come to live with the Dryads. There are very few Liets now as few are born who can feel the forest without going insane. Often Liets have Dryad in their lineage, though it is not necessary." Fawzi nodded: his mother had recited the same lesson to him as a boy along with all his siblings. Fawzi climbed down and sat beneath Patja Farlok, who was still talking with the Elf. How odd the Oak Liet responded aloud. Everyone could hear his thoughts just fine: what absurdity. Suddenly, Fawzi stiffened he felt a prescence in the forest that was unaccustomed to such surroundings- not a woodland walker- Fawzi could hear their every move, though he was in the center and the intruder far on the outskirts. He cast his mind out, telling Patja Farlok he would manage the situation. Patja sighed, happy for capable Dryads once again.
Fawzi sensed...
Inexperience
Fright
Seeking
Desperation
Hope
Fawzi opened his eyes and withdrew back into himself- he must go and see this with his own two eyes- leaving Patja Farlok and the Oak Liet behind, he wandered off towards the Elfen village.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 2:47 pm

"I see," replied Jevryn after Patja had finished explaining what the elf's purpose was in the balance. "I am to train in the ways of the Dryads so that I can guard your forest from outsiders?"
"Yes child," confirmed the great oak.
"And Fawzi is to be my mentor?"
Again, Patja Farlok gave confirmation. Jevryn was hesitant for a moment. "How long will the training take? I have never been away from the city for more than a week at a time."
"The guidance will last as long as it takes for you to be ready. Do not fear, Fawzi is an excellent Dryad and tutor, and you are a very intelligent and naturally-attuned young elf. You will learn quickly."
The world started to come back into view as the communication was broken. After his conversations with Patja, Jevryn always felt refreshed and his mind was cleared. "Thank you, Patja."
It wasn't until now that Jevryn noticed his mentor's absence. He rested his hand gently but firmly on the trunk of his father-tree, sensing for some sort of connection to the Dryad. He concentrated for a moment, eventually finding a link. But there was a strange presence near Fawzi. It was foreign to the forest, and was certainly not elven. Not purely elven, at least. There was a feeling of discomfort surrounding the unknown being. Jevryn removed his hand from the tree. "Patja, should I go to Fawzi?"
"Has he called for you, child?"
"No, he hasn't."
"If he needs you, then he will call you. Trust, child, Fawzi will return." Resignedly, Jevryn climbed into Patja Farlok's boughs and mulled over the task before him.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 12:52 pm

Fawzi could not help but feel these Elves were a very strange sort of people: he watched the Elven man try to quietly pass through the forest in search of, no doubt, the Oak Liet. This Elven man did not seem like all the others- like the Priestess at Farona's temple: something marked him as other. Fawzi recognized this man as one of the villagers, though why he was looking for the Oak Liet Fawzi could not say. He was of two minds: one- the Oak Liet did not receive his wounds by any sort of accident, and this man could be searching to do further harm to the Elf. Two- he could be a friend seeking to help his friend, the Oak Liet, since it appears that no elf knew of the healing powers of the forest. Either way, Fawzi thought, the Oak Liet should be informed that another Elf was searching to outskirts of the forest- albeit noisily- for him. Or, Fawzi thought, this Elf could simply be looking for some berries or nuts or kindling or something totally unrelated to the Oak Liet's plight. Fawzi sighed through his nose as he left to Elf to his noisy ways. Yes, the Oak Liet should still be informed of this Elven man. Fawzi quickly reached out to Patja Farlok, telling him of Fawzi's discoveries. Patja Farlok sensed little danger from the Elfen man- telling Fawzi few Elves dared to venture deep into Farlok Forest, even if they searched for one of their own kind. Fawzi stepped back into the clearing that surrounded Patja Farlok's thick trunk as the Oak Liet jumped down from one of the boughs.
"A clumsy Elf seeks something in the outskirts of the forest," Fawzi informed him.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 3:32 pm

It came as no surprise that it was an elf - there was no other race in prevalent numbers within scores of miles. "What did he look like?" Perhaps it was a guard in search of the escaped prisoner, or it could be one of his friends, as few as they were, searching to talk sense in to him. Either way, he didn't really plan on obliging them the end of their search. "If he was wearing armor and carrying a weapon, then we should avoid him. If he was normally clothed and unarmed, then perhaps we can confront him."
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 5:20 pm

Fawzi reached out to the mind as he answered
"Plain clothed, but this man is not purely Elven: some dark shadow holds sway over his mind. I know not what kind of demon possesses him, but there is great darkness in him. I would prescribe great caution when dealing with this Elfling. I know not what sort of power he has." Fawzi could feel the darkness threatening to follow the thin connection he had just created and enter into Fawzi's own mind, the Dryad hummed a power song to keep his concentration and ward off the demon possession. The darkness snapped and snarled at Fawzi, but the Dryad remained firm as he sought to find the Elf in the midst of the darkness. Aldeal. The elf's name was Aldeal.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 4:05 pm

Fawzi snapped the conection to Adeal's mind quickly as the demon reached for him. Taking a deep breath, Fawzi began to pace. This was troublesome: there was a mind trapped behind that darkness which he was afraid to injure, which the Elder Sages would feel no compassion towards; but also there was that demon, the darkness pressuring and hurting that poor Elfling's mind: within a year, maybe two, the mind of Adeal would be lost to the demon who dwelled within him. Fawzi did not wish to call the Elder Sages. He had seen them remove a demon from a cousin of his- it was merciless to all parties, innocent bystanders included. He never wished to to see such a performance again. But that demon was strong and had a very tight hold on the Elf-boy. Fawzi continued to pace as he wondered to Patja if there might be someone else, anyone else, who could extract the demon and leave the boy intact. Fawzi vowed if there was such a chance he would take the demon infested boy to the gates of Galdethi itself without a second thought. Patja began to search his memory, and Fawzi continued his pacing.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:11 pm

"You are thinking very loudly, Fawzi." Jevryn received a look of mild surprise at this comment. "But, I think I may know of someone who can help. The only problem is that I'm not exactly on good terms with her." Jevryn recalled the events of the previous day, and considered what the High Priestess would do if he walked back into the temple. He came to the conclusion that she would not hear his testimony and would have him executed immediately. There had to be another way to contact her. "We need to get in contact with the High Priestess of Farona... but she can't know that I am involved. fawzi, perhaps you could go?" Aldeal was a close friend of Jevryn's as a child. He reminisced silently on the days when they were still children playing in the road with their leather-encased kicking ball. Those were much simpler days, when his father was still alive... the Oak Liet hoped dearly that Aldeal's elven self did not have to be harmed in he process of removing the demon any more than the demon had already accomplished.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:09 pm

Fawzi nodded. Yes: the Oak Liet was learning quickly. Already his senses of the forest were sharpening. Practice, as his father would probably say. Fawzi smiled to himself: he was sure he could talk to the High Priestess- her acolyte had been very kind to him before however, Fawzi was not a very good liar. Falsehood did not come easily to him, but he was pretty sure he could earn the High Priestess's trust. He took leave of Patja Farlok, and bowed to the Oak Liet. Gliding through the forest, he circled around Aldeal twice: the elf was still crashing through the forest violently. Fawzi carefully left the forest and reentered the village.

((Move to Village of Avynral))

Last edited by Shahrazad's Book on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:20 pm

"Aldeal... Aldeal..."
"Where are you, Svati? It's not fair: I'm too little to be good at hide and seek!" Adeal tripped over his own two feet as he searched for his sister in their new home. She had promised that they'd stay here longer than the last two places, but young girls like her didn't make as much as grown ups, so money was hard to come by since their parents had died. But Aldeal was not thinking of this now, instead he was reaching up for the knob on the closet door he was sure Svati was hiding in. He finally grasped the handle, and turned it with his tiny hand. Opening the door wide, he yelled: "Found you!"
Just as the monster that was not his sister reached out for his mind. Dark shadows surrounded him, flames burned in his eyes, his entire body shaking as he crashed through a forest.
A forest? How did he get here? Aldeal looked down upon himself: that must have been some sort of nightmare. He knew that in his memory that day he had found Svati in the closet and she had given him his birthday present. How odd.
Then the flames were in his eyes, and shadows crept into his mind, and Aldeal neither saw nor knew the forest anymore.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 6:34 pm

The Juniper Liet was terrible at walking silently through the forest. She was just barely quieter than the demon-possessed elfling. Fawzi was wondering more and more about Farlok Forest's choice in Liets. The trees must have picked up some of the Elven oddity.
"Patja Farlok," he asked in his mind, the Juniper Liet busy trying to copy Fawzi's movements, or lack thereof, "Why have you and your children chosen such Liets?"
"The Junipers," said Patja, "have their plan for her, and you would do best not to meddle with Junipers. You know how they are."
Fawzi sighed, it was true: Junipers were terrible that way: they were twisted trees, not terribly pretty, but they loved to plan long-out strategies that usually involved several different people and had a tendency of being able to go wrong in many ways. Fawzi worried about anyone so unfortunate as to be a Juniper Liet. However, Junipers were pure trees, if they were busybodies, and they were very helpful in purifying. Which is why Fawzi was glad a Juniper Liet was helping him remove this demon.
"I'm sorry if I'm slowing you down," said the Juniper Liet, misinterpreting his sigh.
"Oh, no, I was just talking to Patja Farlok," he explained, smiling at her, "He made a good point that I didn't want to concede."
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 6:46 pm

"Svati, where are you!?" Aldeal was getting scared- a man was at the door insisting that Svati owed him- that she hadn't done her corner last night. Aldeal didn't know what the man had meant, but he was scary. The man was tall and skinny, but Aldeal thought he saw power, tightly controlled, in the oily smile and the shifty eyes of the man asking for Svati. Svati was in the kitchen, and came out when she heard Aldeal's panic. Her eyes widdened when she saw the man waiting for her.
"Aldeal, please go outside and play while I talk to the nice man." Aldeal obeyed his sister, and the man gave him a slimy smile as Aldeal walked out the door. It was five minutes later when Aldeal came rushing back in, having heard a sickening thump.
"Svati? Svati?" The man stood over his sister's body, looking down as her head bleed out. "Svati?!" yelled Aldeal, trying to wake his sister from her deathly sleep. She wouldn't wake. She wouldn't wake.
The oily man was leaving, oozing his way out the front door. Aldeal snapped. Seeing nothing but fire and darkness, he felt wind rush past his face and wetness spread on his hands.
Aldeal wiped the wetness- the cool water of a stream he had tripped into- on his pants. He shivered in the cold, green, filtered sunlight. He remembered no more of that day, but the morning after, when he found his hands red and the scary man lying in front of the door and his sister still limp in the hall, was vivid. He had run. He had run as far as he could, he ran all the way to the very edge.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:02 am

It was dark in the forest when Fawzi found the demon-possessed elfling. He nodded to the Juniper Liet to show that this was it. She seemed to have difficulty in seeing him, so Fawzi tapped her gently and pointed him out to her- he was struggling to remove some thorns from his clothing.
"What do you think?" Fawzi asked her aloud, his voice held down to the quietest of murmurs.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 12:16 pm

Kadyseljia reached out with her mind to feel the corrupted elf. A torrent of hatred slammed against her conscience. She immediately withdrew her spirit to stop the headache from getting worse. She'd never felt anything this purely evil before. "He's definitely consumed, and this demon is strong. Very strong. There's no way we can handle this without help from someone stronger." The boy looked so innocent. At first glance, it was impossible to believe that this boy was destined to become a monster. "I think we need the High Priestess's help."
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:11 am

Fawzi carefully looked at Kadyseljia- her eyes were wide, and she stared back at him, unsure of what he might say or do next. For the first time, Fawzi considered that, perhaps, this girl beside him might be frightened. With that realization came a feeling of guilt. He nodded to her, and lead her out of the forest carefully.
"We shall do what you think best," he told her on the outskirts, "I do not know your High Priestess, but I am willing to trust your judgement." Fawzi stood silent, then, his hand absentmindedly resting on the trunk of a nearby tree, waiting for her answer.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:08 am

The sincerity in the forest man's voice weighed heavily on Kadyseljia's heart. This man was really trusting her to make this decision, yet they barely knew eachother. How could he be so open? "I..." She was at a loss for words. "I don't know. The boy is still there... but he is nearly lost to the corruption. Is there anyone else you know who can help?"

She nestled herself into a notch between two twists of a tree. Whatever Fawzi said next, she didn't hear. Her mind erupted into deafening sound from everywhere. The worls started spinning as the darkness turned to a bright light, and then back to a leafy green, then to something she couldn't describe. Her head started pounding again, and her heart was racing violently, but not painfully like with the lost elf. This time, it felt as though something inside her was being filled. The next thing she knew, she was laying faceup under a bed of soft leaves under the largest tree she'd ever seen.

"Hello, young one." The voice exploded in Kadyseljia's head. She covered her ears, but realized the futility of her resistance. "I am Patja Farlok, the father of this forest. Do not be alarmed. I am in no way malicious to your well-being. Quite contrary, I am very interested in your growth, young Guardian of Juniper. Please rest. Fawzi should be along soon with some food. I will explain more then." The voice had mellowed, becoming smooth and relaxing, caressing Kadyseljia's consciousness back into slumber.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:17 am

Jevryn sat quietly watching the priestess sleep. When she wasn't trying to execute him, she was really very beautiful. He smiled. It's too bad he was never one for religious types. She seemed nice, relatively.

"Patja, why her?"

Jevryn could feel Farlok's presence in his mind, but the old tree was silent for a long moment. "Because she is pure of heart and intention, young Oak. One day, you too will be clean. A Juniper must be kind and loving, and be willing to sacrifice for the care of her family. In many respects, a Liet must be nearly the opposite of the tree they protect. Junipers often get into mischief and aren't aware of the needs of the rest of the forest. They need the guidance of one who deeply cares for all things living." The Tree-Father paused to allow Jevryn to take this in.

"So why choose me for the Oaks?"

Farlok let out what is the mental equivalent to a chuckle. "Why, young Oak, you are curious and strong and open-minded. And most importantly, you have the capacity to love. An oak is tough and sturdy, but hides itself from the world. They need a guardian who can nurture them and help them embrace their spirit's energies rather than locking them away. That is why I chose you."
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Fawzi frowned unconsciously as his thoughts twisted into a knot that he couldn't quite untangle. Patja Farlok was looking after the Juniper Liet, but he was still worried. Why? Fawzi still couldn't get to that- it was the center of his knotted thoughts. He knew enough, however, to be certain of one thing: something very strange was happening in and around Avynral. The trees knew about it- but they were being strangely quiet about the larger issue- and Fawzi knew there was a much larger issue than a demon-possessed elfling, as if that weren't large enough. He reentered Patja Farlok's clearing and looked around him. Patja Farlok was singing softly, trying to explain a dryad song to Jevryn, and Kadyseljia was sleeping lightly- nestled quietly in some of Patja's massive roots. Fawzi smiled and took up the song for Patja Farlok. For a moment all the forest was silent as Fawzi sang the song of Issalde, the legendary Tybai, and her great love, and sad death. It was an old story- far older than Patja Farlok, but the dryads had always been careful to preserve the old songs, and so Fawzi sang with certainty.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 6:20 pm

The song was beautiful. In his mind, Jevryn could see the story of Issalde. He watched her sacrifice herself for the protection of the Dryads, and as her soul was elevated to the heavens. It was incredible. He hadn't noticed Fawzi join in the singing.

"How is she, Fawzi?" He wasn't sure why, but there was a tone of deep concern in Jevryn's voice. By all means, he should dislike this girl very strongly. His only fear was that she would recognize him when she woke up and report his whereabouts to the Temple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Elven Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Elven Wood
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Once Upon A Time :: Fantasy :: Story - Brayst-
Jump to: