Once Upon A Time
If you are looking to register, please post your username under the "Applications" category and introduce yourself in the "Introductions" category.
Once Upon A Time
If you are looking to register, please post your username under the "Applications" category and introduce yourself in the "Introductions" category.
Once Upon A Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Once Upon A Time

A creative writing forum where we can create and share stories of all genres.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Elven Wood

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

The Elven Wood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:32 pm

The creature was beginning to get the upper hand. Fawzi was tired. How long had he been fighting this...this thing? Fawzi was sure he was injured several times, but though he could see the blood, he couldn't find the source. After a few moments any wound he received healed. However, the ache of his muscles, the weariness, never faded. Fawzi then decided he must be insane, because he heard a voice he could not possibly be hearing.
"Fawzi, Fawzi- what are you doing? Fawzi don't you see me?" He knew who the voice belonged to before she even said his name a second time. Only Chenda said his name that way- as if she was happy and worried and confused all at the same time. "It's Chenda," yes, he thought, but you should be in Doherwos. "Please, my friend, look at me." Fawzi looked all around him but did not see her. The creature took the opportunity to swipe at him again."Tell me you are alright. Tell me we dream. Fawzi, Fawzi, Fawzi."
"Chenda?" he called out, but her voice continued with no sign of having heard him.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet
Name: Amus
Profession: Assassin, the Wind

PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Jevryn had split off from the group once Chenda had raced ahead into the forest. The Sentinels had been following closely behind, clearly trying to find where he had been hiding out since his escape from the trial. Currently, he was leading them to the thickest section of the forest, where thistles and vines were packed so tightly that they either had to be cut or spoken to in order to get through. Jevryn whispered to the ivy, which opened and immediately closed behind him. He hid in a kifling bush, thick with large, barbed thorns, but hollow where most bushes have their main stem. The Sentinels cut past Jevryn's sanctuary, causing more noise than an angry boar. Jevryn remained in the kifling bush for a few moments after the Sentinels had passed, then slipped back out the way he came. He muttered a song of healing so that the shrubs would grow back in only a few days. Jevryn apologized to the plants, and started to make his way to Patja Farlok's grove.

Someone, or something, shrieked, stopping Jevryn in his tracks. The sound reverberated through the trees, sending the few birds left in the forest to the sky in fear. The sound was almost inhuman, but no animal made a sound so pained and full of anguish and hatred. The sound took a few moments to die out. Jevryn tried to hear where the noise had come from, but couldn't decipher its origin. And then Jevryn was on the ground, a crippling pain exploding in his head. He felt like his brain was swelling and trying to burst out through his scalp and his face and his ears. He couldn't hear anything except the pounding of his heart, and his vision was black as night. The elf collapsed to the ground, writhing in agony, trying to scream, but making no sound. There were flashes of light, blue, green, brown, blue, red, and then black again. The pain had stopped, but there was no sound, no light, no feeling in his skin. He tried to move, but couldn't find the connections to his muscles.

After what seemed like an eternity in this state, a faint glow, orange and flashing, appeared in the distance. There was the sound of footsteps behind him, but all of Jevryn's strength and willpower couldn't make his body turn to look. Nothing but the glow off in the distance. Then a voice.

"Greetings, bastard of Oak. Do you miss the forest?" The voice laughed spitefully. "Forget the forest. This is your home now." A cold, bony hand slid across Jevryn's face, down to his neck and across his chest, which was now bare. "Welcome to Hell, Jevryn." Where the hand had touched Jevryn's skin, there was nothing but a burning sensation that made Jevryn want to rip his nerves out, but he was motionless as the blood began to spill out of his broken body.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:56 pm

Aldeal wasn't sure what to do any more. Jevryn had run away from him, and the priestess was asking him lots of questions. She was treating him like a child, which he supposed came about from crying in front of a girl. He felt the darkness struggle to grip him, and knew what was coming. Get away now. He thought to himself, Run before it reaches her, too. Aldeal ran as fast and as far as he could. He closed his eyes and ran, headless of what he may or may not run into. Suddenly, he fell. He hear a voice cry out in pain that was not his own. He opened his eyes to see a face bent close to his, eyes wide with fear, worry, and something else. Curiosity. He shook himself. The face belong to a young woman, her eyes were a strange combination of green with brown flecks spread through them. Her skin was tanned from sun and her hair was long down her back in dark brown waves. He sat up, completely absorbed in this young woman. he had never seen her like before. She was not elvish.
"What are you?" he found himself asking involuntarily.
"I'm a Dryad. My name is Chenda," she spoke softly, her voice breezy and soft. He pulled himself up from the ground, standing tall over her. She sat cross-legged on the ground, a pouch lay open with tools, herbs, and various other things spread out around it. One hand held a vial of a golden liquid, the other rested on the chest of another Dryad. This one was a man, unconscious by the looks of things. He was propped up against a tree, and Aldeal wasn't even sure he was alive until he saw her hand, held still over his heart, moving lightly with his breaths.
"I am Aldeal, an elf," he said, matching her low tone. He felt like he was in a sick room, where peace and quiet were required and you could be kicked out if you did not conform to either expectation. She smiled lightly.
"I know." He watched as she turned back to the man and rubbed the golden liquid into his skin on his forearm, where a nasty bruise had developed. The color faded away as she sang softly under her breath to the man. She lightly felt his forehead. Checking his temperature? Are Dryads supposed to have the same temperature as Elves? Aldeal kneeled beside her. The darkness in his head was temporarily forgotten, and the grasping fingers of it were gone now.
"What are you doing?" he asked after a few moments of silence, while she continued to work on the seemingly never-ending injuries of her fellow dryad.
"I am trying to keep him alive until he can come back to me."
"Where is he?" he asked, wondering if this Dryad suffered the same fate as him. When my mind is surrounded by darkness, do I merely lie there and wait to come back to my own senses?
"Where I cannot follow." It was almost a sigh.
"Could you help me?"

Last edited by Shahrazad's Book on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:05 am

It was a question Chenda had never found herself able to say no to. Whenever it was asked of her, she could not help but remember a time when she had been asking, and Fawzi had said yes to her plea. Now, with Fawzi lying there, her hand on his heart, the question had triple the weight it normally did for Chenda. No, when asked for help, she could not even refuse foolish Elves who had tripped over her in their haste to run and interrupted her tending her sick friend.Her one and only, very best friend. Sometimes Chenda wondered who she would be able to say no to. Whoever it was, it was not Aldeal.
"What can I do?" she asked, looking him in the eyes. They were an average color, but there was a ring of black that surrounded the irises. Her stomach tightened at the sight.
"I don't know," he responded, his eyebrows coming together in worry.
"Well, tell me what you feel is wrong while you help me stitch this wound." She grabbed his hand and manuvered it towards Fawzi's latest gash. But, as soon as Aldeal's skin touched Fawzi, he made an audible gasp and stiffened. She just managed to grab his shoulders before he hit his head on the forest floor.
Now what? She very nearly screamed in frustration. "Help me."

Why on earth could she never say no?
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:17 am

Fawzi was really getting tired of the whole thing. Would it really be so bad if he just closed his eyes for a little bit? Took a fraction of a second longer to blink than normally? His eyelids were really so heavy. The gashes on his chest were taking longer and longer to close up, which was a shame, as they were becoming more and more serious. Just when he was about to give up, however, he noticed something.
There was an Elf by the door.
Not just any Elf, no, he obviously had angered some force of nature because today rated first place on his "Worst Days EVER" list. It was the demon-possessed Elf who couldn't walk through the forest quietly if the balance depended on it.
"What-" the Elf began, before Fawzi had to turn back to fight off the creature's latest attack. He sincerely hoped the Elf wasn't currently under the demonic influence, because then the door was no safer than if Fawzi was dead. He prayed in his head, since he didn't have the breath to spare.
Evidently, prayer in one's mind is just as effective, because the Elf began to fight with Fawzi. Lacking in skill, he made up for in ferocity and pure energy. The creature was tired at this point too, and with two attackers, one fresh and unwounded, it didn't stand a chance. With a howl, it fell to the ground, dissolving into dust. The entire scene faded and flickered as the dust blew away. Soon, Fawzi found himself sitting propped up against a tree in Farlok forest, looking at a very familiar face.
"Chenda," he smiled at her. He wanted to give her a hug, but that was just beyond him currently. He was too tired. She however, smiled and leaned in for him.
"Hello old friend," she said as she hugged him close and gave him a small kiss on the cheek, "You took long enough to get here."
The Elf sat up from the forest floor behind Chenda, clearly confused. Kadyseljia was there also, and Fawzi was beginning to feel that everyone was there, but Jevryn was not. He was too tired to think much, though, so he merely smiled again at Chenda.
"I'm sorry," he said, continuing to smile, it was so good to see her, "But you know how I have a terrible sense of timing." Chenda laughed, and Fawzi began to drift off into a light doze.

Last edited by Shahrazad's Book on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:28 am

This post and the previous post are sort of intertwined in the sequence of events... so yeah.

Kadyseljia jumped to follow Aldeal, wanting to help him, to try and calm him down and protect him. But he was gone before she could make chase. The dropped down to the ground beside the moaning father-tree."Patja... I don't know what to do..." She dozed off from a weariness that she didn't realize had come over her until she was fast asleep.

In her slumber, Miszil spoke to her. "Kadyseljia, the Dryad needs you. He is in darkness. Follow Aldeal."

The elf woke suddenly, as if Miszil's voice commanded her body to do as it was told. She grabbed her pack and the two ceremonial daggers that priestesses were required to carry at all times, and bolted off in the direction that Aldeal had gone.

She came across the two Dryads and Aldeal set aroudn the now dead maple tree. "Fawzi?" Kadyseljia almost screamed. His skin was growing pale, and his eyes, wide open, were bloodshot and dry. He had lost so much blood that his veins were bulging and his hands were tinted blue. "What's happening to him?"

Chenda replied. "He's fighting something. I don't know how to get him back." Her light voice wavered slightly, and Kadyseljia could see the beginning of tears at the edges of her eyes. Fawzi's body convulsed, then settled back as another gash appeared, this time on his left shoulder. Oh Farona... what can I do? Aldeal's head had glanced against a stone just before Chenda had caught him. Kadyseljia took Aldeal's limp frame from Chenda, who went back to tending to Fawzi.

"What can I do?" She was frantic. She didn't know how to heal, and none of the songs she knew could help right now.

Chenda gestured to Kadyseljia's daggers. "They're enchanted, what do they do?"

Enchanted? The High Priestess never told us that the daggers were enchanted... "I don't know." Wait. One of the priestesses had said something about the ceremonies. The daggers cleansed the soul of the criminal when it was pressed through their heart. Maybe they had other minor healing powers.

Kadyseljia held the long dagger, the one meant for piercing the heart, and cut three pairs of shallow, perpendicular lines into Aldeals hands and his chest. The blood began to pool. Suddenly, all of the blood that had seeped out of the wounds rushed back into Aldeal's body, closing the wounds, and his eyes were engulfed entirely in black. His body convulsed violently for a few seconds, leaving Kadyseljia in horror. Oh no, what have I done? I killed him, oh no... And then he fell still. The color returned to his eyes, and he and Fawzi were regaining consciousness. Kadyseljia watched in wonder as the black ring in Aldeal's eyes faded slightly, and the boy's face seemed to take on an even greater sense of innocence.

"Thanks," he coughed, a few drops of blood landing lightly on the ground.

The shocked priestess could hardly speak. "Wha--, what was that? Did I hurt you?"

Aldeal shook his head. "Well, only a little. I don't know what you did, but the darkness was coming after me, and it was telling me to kill Fawzi, and then I felt a sting on my chest, and the darkness was gone, so I helped him fight the monster. I didn't know I could fight. I still don't think I can..." he drifted off, still seeming very confused. Then his eyes lit up and he almost tackled Kadyseljia. "Did you kill the darkness? Did you make it go away?"

She wished she could tell him that she did, but even as he was speaking to her, the black ring in his eyes was growing ever darker. And even if she had, she didn't know how it happened. "Maybe, Aldeal." She stroked his cheek and smiled. "You need some rest. You've been through a lot for someone so young." She stood, took his hand, and led him to Patja's grove.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Chenda woke feeling sore all over. Fawzi was next to her, still breathing and sleeping peacefully. She felt his forehead. He wasn't ill, and his wounds were healing nicely. Chenda had a feeling when he woke he would feel even more sore than she. Chenda looked upward and the massive Patja's leaves. The patches of sky she could see between the green leaves were a navy blue. The sun would soon rise. Chenda didn't feel like sitting up- afraid of what she might see around her. Farlok Forest was obviously suffering from the same disease that Doherwos was. It was much safer to her sanity to just lie there under the leaves and watch as the patches of sky grew slowly brighter and warmer with the rising sun. Fawzi muttered in his sleep and she stifled a giggle. Suddenly, she was remembering all the times she and Fawzi had gone out wandering in Doherwos and stayed out all night. This wasn't the fist time she watched the sunrise through the leaves as he slept through the dawn. If she tried a bit, she could pretend that they were back home and Doherwos was fine and Fawzi wasn't all battered and bruised. It wasn't fair to pretend, though. She breathed deeply and promised herself she could pretend until the sun was up, then she'd come back to reality. Ugly as it was.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Fawzi had been having an odd dream about trees that walked and talked with their roots shaped like legs and feet. The trees insisted that Fawzi eat some twigs, good for his bark, they insisted. Fawzi tried to explain that he didn't actually have bark, but they insisted anyways. The dream was over though, and he woke up to seeing Chenda's face staring upwards. The sky was pink and orange with green leaves covering over half of it, but Fawzi smiled at the dawn. He had always thought of dawn as Chenda's time. Ever since he could remember she had always stopped whatever she was doing to watch the sunrise. He didn't think there was a sunrise in her lifetime that she hadn't watched. Sometimes they would talk during dawn, but most of the time Chenda sat there silent and let the day's beginning beams find their way to her. They always did. The rest of the world might still be in shadow, but light seemed to just find its way to Chenda. Fawzi stifled a yawn. Mornings always made him sound philosophic. He stretched and groaned. It seemed every inch of him was covered in a bruise or a wound of some sort. The bruises felt bone-deep and he was sure some of the wounds actually were. Chenda looked over at his noise and gave him a small smile, then turned back to the sunrise. Fawzi lie there and tried to think up some plan for the day, but nothing was coming to him. He did remember a few things he needed to do: talk to Chenda about the songs, get some food for them all, maybe check if all the springs were clean. Doherwos's springs were one of the last things to go, but Fawzi wasn't going to take any chances.
"Well, then," said Chenda, signalling the end of the sunrise. She sat up and stretched out.
"Chenda," Fawzi said, somewhat lacking the strength to get up just yet, "I was wondering if I could talk to you for a moment about something."
"Yes?" she said, eyes widening. She always asked questions like that.
"I..." he wasn't sure where to begin, but Chenda waited patiently as he gathered his thoughts. "I remember, before I noticed that the forest was ill, that I forgot the songs for a moment, then I remembered them all, but something about them seems... I'm not sure. Just odd."
Chenda's head tilted to the side as she studied him carefully.
"I remember something like that happening to me once," she said softly.
Fawzi sighed, "Do you think there is anything to it?" He watched her carefully as she answered. Her expression was thoughtful, but her eyes held a hint of worry that he saw immediately.
"For me, I wouldn't think anything of it. I'm only really very good with healing songs, but you...." she trailed off as her eyes grew more and more concerned, "You were always the best at songs." Fawzi frowned and Chenda's eyes widened again as she added in a rush, "But we could just be making something out of nothing," she insisted. Fawzi smiled at her. Typical Chenda- trying to make everything better.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:23 am

She couldn't figure what it was, but something about Aldeal was very familiar. Maybe it was that, in him, she saw the raw innocence that she had come to recognize in Jevryn over the last few months of training with him. Or it might be the helplessness in his eyes that had become an all too familiar feeling for her. Either way, it made her feel both safe and dangerously close to insanity.

Thinking of Jevryn made her realize that she hadn't seen him since before waking up under Patja Farlok. She regarded Chenda and realized that she might have seen him somewhere. "Chenda," the priestess muttered, careful not to wake Aldeal, who was breathing lightly next to her. The lovely young Dryad turned to her, smiling as if to ease Kadyseljia's nerves. "Have you seen Jevryn?"

The smile faded. "Nearly a full day ago, but not since." She seemed to turn her attention for moment, her eyes distant and hazy. After what seemed like a long, dead silence, the Dryad put her focus back on the Juniper Liet. "I cannot find his life force in the forest, but I sense traces of it. It seems he left the forest several hours ago, but to go where, I cannot tell."

"At least he's alive," the elf sighed. But in her mind, she wondered where her friend could have possibly gone. Completely invisible to her until now was her deep emotional bond to him. She found herself wishing he was with her to set her mind at ease. And a little bit of hoping that he'd hold her at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Chenda watched the Elf-girl carefully, she seemed to be on the edge of something, but Chenda wasn't sure what. Fawzi interupted her thoughts when he rejoined them with some fresh water and food.
"The springs are fine, but it's really only a matter of time," he told Chenda as he sat next to her. She nodded silently and drank some of the water. It was much better than the water they had been drinking in Doherwos. They had been reduced to sending all water through dozens of filters which took all the crisp coolness of spring water out- granted, it also took out all of the bad things. Chenda pulled some bread out of her pack and split it into pieces. She sprinkled a little on the earth- an offering- as she had been taught, which was then followed by a light sprinkle of water. Chenda caught Fawzi smiling at her: it was a long time since they had shared a meal.
"Kadyseljia," Chenda began, "Could you perhaps wake Aldeal? He needs to eat something."
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:39 pm

Kadyseljia nodded and smiled, glad to have some food in her stomach. The berries tingled in her mouth, the sweet flavor pervading her whole mouth and lifting her spirits. It had been over a day since she had last eaten, and her adrenaline from before was finally gone. She gently shook Aldeal awake, who sat up, bleary-eyed and dazed. He drank slowly from her cupped palms and gradually regained coherence.

"How long was I asleep?" He asked.

"About six or seven hours. We've been resting here in the grove. Here," she held out a slice of bread and a fistful of berries, "Eat something."

Aldeal shook his head politely. "I'm not hungry." It wasn't until now that Kadyseljia noticed the black ring in his eyes. Despite his obvious control over himself, the black covered nearly his entire iris. The thought of his whole eye being black disturbed the young elf greatly. She erased the image from her mind and set her focus back on giving the boy more water to drink.

The sun had begun to set, its yellow-orange beams breaking through small gaps in the density of the forest. Light faded fast in the forest, and Kadyseljia was afraid to think of what new horrors might arise in the night. They would have to be on their guard, but with both Fawzi and Chenda here now, and Aldeal in control of himself for now, she had hope that they would make it through the evening. She let her thoughts drift to her missing friend. Despite the distance, she still felt a strong connection to him. Not physically, but in another inexplicable way that she had never experienced before. She wondered where he was, if he was safe, if he was hungry. Unsure of what else to do, she knelt down and pressed her palms together to send a plea to Farona for his safe return.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Fawzi was beginning to feel much better thanks to Chenda's healing. He was still easily tired, though, so when Chenda asked him to sit beside her and tell her of all that had happened since they had last parted ways, he was happy to do so.
"But, Fawzi," she said, after he told her about Jevyrn, "Where is he? Is it normal for the elf to go missing?"
"I'm not sure, Chenda," he said, "Perhaps after I finish telling you what happened to Jevyrn we should go into he Elfish villiage to see if they had captured him."
Chenda shook her head, sighing softly, "But surely then we would be able to sense him leaving for that direction?"
Fawzi shrugged, "I don't think the normal rules apply anymore, Chenda. We're fighting a different game."
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:34 am

Kadyseljia was trapped in a small round cave, thick with a mist, its source unkown to her. Off on the opposite side of the cell, there was an open hallway, but whenever she tried to go though the archway, an invisible force tossed her back in the room. The haze obscured her vision from all sides except for a clearer line straight toward the hallway.

She had awoken there, all of her belongings missing, and she was stripped completely naked. The cold, so very cold, and the hard ground burned her bare feet raw, though when she looked, there were no marks or burns. In addition, her hair was completely missing. It didn't feel as though her head had been shaved; rather, it was as if she had never born hair on her scalp at all. This place was evil; she could sense it. All the time, she felt as if eyes colder than the air about her were boring into her very soul, trying to suck out the life within her. She ran her fingers along her collarbone, trying to find some sort of feeling in her dizzy numbness. The sensation of soft metal tingled across her fingertips. Her pendant! Farona's pendant was still with her. But when she looked, it wasnt' her pendant. It was the pendant worn by the High Priestess. But she wasn't...

She knelt down on the frozen rock and began to utter a prayer to her Goddess. No sound flowed forth from her mouth, not a single whisper. She tried again, but her voice was crushed in her throat before it could reach free air. She started to panic, but caught control of herself before she became frantic. She would just simply pray silently. This wasnt' something often done, except by those who were mute or had given up their voice for a life of silent devotion to their Goddess, but she had little other choice.

She opened her eyes from her prayer, and was shocked by what was before her. A visage of the Just Mother hovered before her, cast in an ethereal glow. Her golden robes flowed around her, gracefully snaking around her silvery ankles. Her face was obscured by a great white light, but it was not so harsh that the young, naked elf could not look upon her. The evil aura of the cave was diffused, and a warm, peaceful sensation filled Kadyseljia's body and mind, as if Farona was cleansing her soul with her mere presence.

"Stand, my blessed daughter," came the soothing echo that was the Goddess's voice. "I see now that you are not yet ready to face these challenges and truths. In this place dwell great evils and cruel obstacles that, one day, you will have to face." She reached out with a perfect, white-gloved hand. Kadyseljia felt a force pulling her to her feet, and she walked slowly toward the visage. She placed her hand on the palm of Farona's, and all of the cold was washed from her body and the room became warm. The mist cleared, and the walls melted away. Time seemed to stretch, as stars flew past the priestess's head, bursting in brilliant spectacles of color and sound, twisting the air around her. Her vision blacked out and, when she was conscious again, she still stood in Farona's embrace, but stood upon a simple platform drifting in the expanse of the universe. She was clothed again, now inthe long flowing gown of the High Priestess. Her daggers were strapped at her belt, new and bristling with divine energies.

"Know that, when the time comes to face these challenges, you will not be alone. I will be beside you, guiding you and protecting you from death's call. You have been blessed, Kadyseljia. You will live a great life. Trust in my guidance, and you will overcome all trials." Farona pulled her hand away. "Now wake, my daughter. GO back into the world and prepare yourself to face our enemies."

Kadyseljia woke with a start. The cool breeze of the forest tickled her nose in the pale glow of dawn. She felt about her body. She had her robes back on, and her daggers were just as plain as they had been the day before. There were no burns on her feet, and her hair was back to normal. It was a dream. Just a dream. She laid back down on the soft, pillowy grass, gazing up at the lovely, perfect green leaves of the forest. Her hand traced its way up to her pendant, and she froze.

She was wearing the High Priestess's amulet.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:03 am

Chenda was watching the sun rise when she noticed Kadyseljia wake with a start.
"Kadyseljia," she called from where she sat, "Are you well?"
The elf sat up and nodded to Chenda- an obvious lie. Kadyseljia's eyes were wide and her breathing hadn't steadied. Perhaps she had had a nightmare. Chenda knew that was common enough. Nightmares were why she awoke to watch the sun rise.
"Come here," she said softly, patting the ground beside her, "And tell me what troubles you."
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:12 am

Fawzi had met with and talked to the other four Dryads Chenda had accompanied to Farlock. He was walking back to his friends, who he had left sleeping just before dawn. Chenda had woken and asked him where he was going- she was probably watching the sun rise now. He smiled, perfectly able to picture the small clearing where the others lay sleeping while Chenda sat with her arms wrapped around her legs, folded up against her chest, and stared to due east. It was a common enough sight. Well, Fawzi had decided it was time to see it in other places. He felt it was time for him and Chenda to leave Farlock forest. He had been told to head west but Fawzi doubted anything was to be found there. He felt the need for action, and had decided to take Chenda with him. It was partly selfish- he didn't want to be alone. However, he did make some legitimate reasons for her to accompany him. They'd give Kadyseljia and Aldeal the option of coming with them, or staying with the Dryads, or even returning to their former lives. He might suggest rather strongly to Aldeal to stay in Farlock- it was dangerous for him to be around other elves. Fawzi smiled at the thought of perhaps one day returning to Doherwos with Chenda, finding it had been cured, or having some sort of cure themselves. He missed Doherwos, but a little piece of home was sitting in the small clearing of Farlock watching the sun rise. He quickened his pace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Elven Wood   The Elven Wood - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Elven Wood
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Once Upon A Time :: Fantasy :: Story - Brayst-
Jump to: