Once Upon A Time
If you are looking to register, please post your username under the "Applications" category and introduce yourself in the "Introductions" category.
Once Upon A Time
If you are looking to register, please post your username under the "Applications" category and introduce yourself in the "Introductions" category.
Once Upon A Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Once Upon A Time

A creative writing forum where we can create and share stories of all genres.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Dark Trio

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Azya
Minor Character
Minor Character
Azya

The Dark Trio Empty
PostSubject: The Dark Trio   The Dark Trio Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:42 am

Since I know I want to start off with multiple... I made it one topic instead of 3. Tell me if these are okay, because I sometimes make charries who are a bit too powerful.

Name: Rapha Snake-in-the-Eye
Sex: Male
Race: Human (1/8 demon)
Profession: Mercenary
Religion: Non-affiliated. Rapha believes that, because of his heritage and powers, he is already damned. Thus, he views every religion as useless to him, as no god or goddess can save his soul.
Description: Rapha is of average height, with a slight build. Despite being slim, he is covered in wiry muscle and is surprisingly strong. His hair is an auburn brown and sticks up haphazardly, and no amounting of combing and placate it. One of his eyes is amber; the other is piercing blue and has a white ring around the pupil that looks like an Ouroboros, hence his byname. However, the thing that stands out the most are his scars: they cover his chest, back, and arms are an are odd blue-ish purple color, which clash against his pale, ash-gray skin. He also has a one that goes across his throat. His incisors are slightly larger than normal and his ears come to a slight point.
Background: Rapha's great grandfather was some kind of demon, which is where he gets his odd appearance and some abilities from. An outcast as a child, he learned quickly how to fight and how to protect himself, and was something of a savage. By the time he was 16, he was already a famed wrestler, known for his unorthodox style and inhumanity. In one of his greatest bouts, he was brought close to death. It was then that his demon ancestor spoke to him, spoke of a way to power. By hurting himself, sacrificing his own essence, he was able to do massive damage and almost spell-like abilities. The more he got hit, the more potent he became. In an instant, Rapha called upon this power and dealt the beating he received threefold against his opponent, killing him. His scars were all self-inflicted, all ways to provide for a devilishly strong blow. From that moment on, he worked as a sword for hire, and met Zanna along the way (her skills providing a wonderful foil to his own). They took a job in the east, which took up a lot of their time, but now he and his partners are back.

Name: Suzanna the Red (usually called Zanna)
Sex: Female
Race: Human
Profession: Mercenary, bloodmender
Religion: Zanna prays to Adeldama, the Mistress of Blood.
Description: Tall for a woman, with long blood red hair, pale skin, and glasses. Her eyes are dark and have an aura of crazy around them; her lips are almost as red as her hair. Zanna has a scar that goes from the top of her forehead, through one eye, and down to her cheek. It continues down onto her shoulder and across her chest. She is not painful on the eyes, but she isn't Helen of Troy either (and her scars don't help). She is what you might call "modestly hot." Because of her features and abilities, Zanna has been mistaken for a vampire.
Background: Zanna was born in a farming community outside of Garamad, where she exhibited her powers at an early age. Zanna has control over blood, though it is rather limited when the blood is still inside the body. Once it is shed, however, she can bend it to her will. Surprisingly, it's best application is healing, as she accelerates platelet bonding. It has mild offensive techniques as well, though they are not as useful. Because her abilities are linked to blood, she was tried (and almost convicted) of being a vampire-witch. However, she was saved at the last minute by Rapha, who was able to prove that she wasn't any sort of daywalker or nightcrawler. After this, they traveled together as mercenary partners; Rapha's self-injurous behavior gives Zanna a lot to work with, and she can tend to his wounds afterword. They traveled to the east, met Tatsuya, and are now back in the West.

Name: Orochi Tatsuya (Usually called "the Foreigner" or "the Easterner")
Sex: Male
Race: Human (sort of)
Profession: Ronin
Religion: Tatsuya is not concerned with what happens after he dies; since he is not dead yet, he has no clue what happens and he doesn't care. He follows the somewhat confusing philosophy of the Sword and the Mind, which seeks to unify a sort of Buddhist thought with the art of killing people.
Description: Because I'm lazy, here's a picture of what he looks like: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Background: Depending on what you believe happens after death, several different things could have happened that brought about his birth. If, like Tatsuya, you believe in reincarnation, then he is the reincarnation of the 8 headed hydra from whom he took his family name. If, like most in the West, you believe in a set afterlife, Tatsuya's spirit was corrupted before birth somehow. Either way, he is not exactly normal. He possesses an odd affinity for snakes, and they seem to gravitate towards him. When he is cut, he bleeds a viscous greenish-black fluid, which can poison his enemies if they get it into a cut, eyes, or mouth. Sometimes his saliva is venom too, but not always. It just isn't as useful. Tatsuya grew up the son of a ronin, and was trained in the ways of the sword. He is quite skilled, but prefers his tongue to the sword any day. When actually put in a battle, however, Tatsuya is dangerous opponent, flitting around the battlefield. His speed compliments the brute offense of Rapha and the back-row work of Zanna. He joined the other two after they met on the road and fought to a stalemate. With mutual respect, Rapha suggested that they work together, and Tatsuya agreed. They traveled back to the West to seek a fortune there, where the government is less complicated. He picked up English pretty fast, but it's not perfect, and misunderstandings are bound to happen.

If/when these get okayed, I'm thinking I'll start them out at the crossroads, unless there's a better place for them to be (I did read through the past posts and see that most of the current action is in the forest, so I'll probably do one intro post of them at the crossroads and then have another one where they make it to the forest).
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet
Name: Amus
Profession: Assassin, the Wind

The Dark Trio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Trio   The Dark Trio Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:53 am

They sound good to me, but the way things are going, I'm interested in seeing if you take on the role of the main bad guy and somehow link the happenings in the forest to Rapha. However, I suggest starting at the crossroads like you said, but I think the story will probably start to gravitate toward Garamad now. It'll be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Azya
Minor Character
Minor Character
Azya

The Dark Trio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Trio   The Dark Trio Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:59 am

Oooh playing them as legitimate villains instead of antiheroes would be fun. Me gusta Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet
Name: Amus
Profession: Assassin, the Wind

The Dark Trio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Trio   The Dark Trio Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:02 am

Also, get on the dang chat box! It'd be a lot easier to talk than going back and forth posting =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Dark Trio Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Trio   The Dark Trio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dark Trio
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Once Upon A Time :: Fantasy :: Characters - Brayst-
Jump to: