Once Upon A Time
If you are looking to register, please post your username under the "Applications" category and introduce yourself in the "Introductions" category.
Once Upon A Time
If you are looking to register, please post your username under the "Applications" category and introduce yourself in the "Introductions" category.
Once Upon A Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Once Upon A Time

A creative writing forum where we can create and share stories of all genres.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Orc's Arm - Seedy Garamad Tavern

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azya
Minor Character
Minor Character
Azya

The Orc's Arm - Seedy Garamad Tavern Empty
PostSubject: The Orc's Arm - Seedy Garamad Tavern   The Orc's Arm - Seedy Garamad Tavern Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 3:02 am

A shady establishment in the heart Garamad's slums. True to name, the rotted arm of an orc hangs outside right under a sign. It's best not to ask how they got it. The Orc's Arm is the center of the black market in Garamad; anything and everything can be bought here, for the right price. And to those who frequent the tavern, price is everything.
Back to top Go down
Azya
Minor Character
Minor Character
Azya

The Orc's Arm - Seedy Garamad Tavern Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orc's Arm - Seedy Garamad Tavern   The Orc's Arm - Seedy Garamad Tavern Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 3:39 am

((Have fun with another post in which it's just my characters interacting with themselves lol))

The three travelers caused quite a stir when they sauntered in to the Orc's Arm. Foreigners, especially those with fancy, clean clothes, were a rarity this deep in the city. Either the trio were high-borns that had gotten lost, were fools, or both. It wasn't long before a scoundrel or five had encircled the odd men, drawing a playing with long, jagged knives.
"Now what have we here?" The leader snarled. He was a dirty man, clad in rags and a rather disheveled hat; human teeth hung from a necklace, trophies of some sort from past conflicts, "What do you say we go someplace more...private? This is no place for a lady," He tried to caress Zanna with his blade; his hand was batted away, "Ooh, this one has fire! I like that!"
"Tatsuya, why don't you handle this one?" Rapha asked calmly, "I don't want to waste blood," The other man nodded, unlocking the sword from it's scabbard with an ominous click. Some of the rascals approached the ronin, brandishing their knives menacingly.
"Aww look, the narrow-eyes thinks he's a per---" The leader began, but then -- a hiss of air, a flash of steel; blood rained as the body crumpled, sending many patrons scurrying out of the Orc's Arm. The scoundrel's head came to a rest several feet away.
"How meddlesome," Tatsuya turned to the four other rogues, and began advancing. They didn't stand a chance; it was like opposing a hurricane with an umbrella. In a matter of moments, their eviscerated corpses littered the floor. To their credit, the grifters didn't go quietly...No, they died screaming in agony. With the 'threats' now dead, the masterless warrior wiped the blood off his face and off his katana, delicately replacing it in its sheathe, "Some fools are beyond salvation..."

A shadowy figure stepped out of a corner, slowly clapping, "Bravo. That was most impressive," The darkness seemed to linger on the dark features and black leather of the man, almost as if it were reluctant to leave him. Tatsuya tensed, and prepared to draw his blade against the new menace.
"There's no need for that, friend," The man smirked, "Only question is, what are people like you doing in a place like this?"
"We were looking for work," Rapha interjected, scanning the tavern as he did so, "But it doesn't look like there's anyone to hire us."
The man snorted, "Ah, where are my manners? I didn't even introduce myself; I am Jahandir al Ghul. And you three are?"
"I am Rapha Snake-in-the-Eye; the woman is Suzanna the Red; the foreigner, Tatsuya Orochi," The scarred man grinned, "Is there any way we could be of service to you? For a fee, of course."
The stranger paused for a moment, "Now that you mention it...have you heard of a high-walker named Evan Hillglider?" The three swords could save Jahandir a lot of work.
"No, but we did see some signs posted around...there's a hefty bounty on his head...what did he do?"
Jahandir shrugged, "It doesn't matter. What's important is that I need him alive. You saw the posters; it's a pretty big reward. Are you interested?"
"But anyone could see the poster and try to go after him," Rapha reasoned, "Why should we care about bringing him back still breathing if the posters say 'dead or alive'?"
The shadowy man chuckled, "I'll pay you double for it. And I have enough information to give you a good start; those other ruffians have nothing. Satisfied?"
This was certainly enough to placate Rapha. Double the already sizable reward? There was no way he could turn down a deal like that, and looks from his companions showed that they couldn't either. "Seems reasonable. So, what's gonna help us find this Hillslider fellow?"

"He has a peculiar hideaway in the north of Doherwos forest. If he's inside, there might be a hole in the ground...if not, a inconspicuous root will lift up to reveal the passageway. If he's not there by now, he'll be there soon. I doubt you'll have trouble finding a seven-foot tall man."
Zanna smelled a rat, "If you know so much, why don't you get him yourself?"
"When I was younger I ran afoul of a tree in Doherwos; Now they will not allow me to enter," Jahandir's smirk twisted into a visage of contempt, "Even if I could, I doubt the dryads would let me stay unharmed," He looked outside, "It's starting to get dark; I know of an inn where you can stay. If you leave in the morning you should be able to get to the forest before nightfall."
"Just a second...we're nearly broke. I not sure if we can even afford a single night," Rapha grimaced.
"In that case, I'll give you a quarter of it now, the rest when you bring the high-born to me," Jahandir reached into his jacket and produced a bag full of gold pieces, which he tossed to Rapha. The three mercenaries began to exit the Orc's Arm, but their patron wasn't quite finished.
"One more thing, Rapha Snake-in-the-Eye...Don't think you can cheat me," The shadows swelled around Jahandir and caressed their master; his eyes seemed possessed by a malignant yellow aura. Startled, the three mercenaries rushed out of the tavern. It wasn't long before they had lodgings and a warm meal. Tomorrow they would have their high-walker.
Back to top Go down

The Orc's Arm - Seedy Garamad Tavern
Page 1 of 1