Once Upon A Time
If you are looking to register, please post your username under the "Applications" category and introduce yourself in the "Introductions" category.
Once Upon A Time
If you are looking to register, please post your username under the "Applications" category and introduce yourself in the "Introductions" category.
Once Upon A Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Once Upon A Time

A creative writing forum where we can create and share stories of all genres.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Village of Avynral

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet
Name: Amus
Profession: Assassin, the Wind

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:04 pm

The sun was well below the trees, casting hazy bands of light between the trees surrounding the woodland village of Avynral. The buildings were a sparkling white, with curtains in place of doors. There was only one building in the village that had a door.

It was built into the side of a mountain, the last of the Crystal Mountains. The facade was magnificent, with marble steps leading many yards up and into the side of the mountain. There were intricate granite statues lining the stairway, four on each side, of angels, each with a mighty weapon in their left hand, and an open book in their right. These were the Guardians of Farona, the angels that enforced the Goddess of Justice's law through the Elven Lands. The door was solid oak, a double door with sturdy bronze handles crafted into the shape of balances. The doors themselves were carved with the Law, the scripture delivered by the Guardians of Farona.

Kadyseljia stepped through the doorway, bowing her head as she passed under the statue of farona, a large chair made of bronze framing the inside of the entrance. The Justice Goddess was perched regally on her throne.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Village of Avynral- inside the temple   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:55 pm

Fawzi wondered about these people who lived in this strange land he had journeyed to. They had, doubtless, a beautiful temple for their goddess; but it was oppressive in its stony wonder. Pillars pretended to be trees, and arches imagined themselves to be branches. What kind of people were these Elves? Replacing what the earth gave forth with earth itself. His head was beginning to hurt: perhaps he should just speak to a Elf rather than try to discover them in the stone statues before him. Looking up high, he gazed into the eyes of one such statue. What kind of goddess is this Farona? He looked deeper into the eyes that seemed to see without looking, then turned. He would go outside for some air, get out of this grandiose hall with all it's stone and ancient thought. He had not even bothered to explore farther into the temple, wary that he, as a Dryad, would not be permitted in the temple at all and fearful of meeting someone.
Walking back to the great door- the only wood in the temple, and dead wood at that- he saw a woman entering. She was Elvish, but different from the ones he had seen thus far. Then again, so far all Elves had looked the same to him. He sighed, Fawzi supposed that few Elves would be able to tell him apart from any other Dryad. Debating for a fraction of time, he walked towards the priestess, and bowed with respect. She eyed him, but he was not sure of her thoughts.
"Hello, I am Fawzi of the Forest of Doherwos. I have journeyed far to see this temple. I was curious, if perhaps you might help me with a few questions I have."
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:10 am

Kadyseljia opened her eyes from prayer, and was greeted by a forest-man dressed in robes fashioned from leaves and foliage. He was smiling, but seemed quite displeased in the movement of his eyes. His eyes, as it was, were a deep brown, like earth that had been undisturbed for thousands of years. She was curious as to why such a strange man would come to see the temple.
"Of course. I am Kadyseljia, a priestess of Farona. May I inquire why you have to come to see the temple?"
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Village of Avynral cont.   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:03 am

Fawzi thought carefully before answering- he still had not mastered the elvish tounge. The woman waited patiently for him to answer.
"I have come to Farona's temple because my people and I are desperately in need of some justice. I am not sure I believe in your stone goddess, but it is my duty to my people to seek out any help in whatever form it comes. I am not sure how one communicates with stone ears," he continued- his courage rising as he felt a free breeze dance through the dead door "but I wish to ask her for her aid in saving my homeland, and if she refuses aid for one who is not of Elvish blood, then I would ask her for a way of finding one who would not." He continued to feel the dancing breeze though the open door, and wished greatly to exit this hall of stone- but he must have an answer from this stone goddess of justice, and so he stayed where he was as though rooted there.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:51 am

Kadyseljia considered for a moment while she recalled the teachings. Farona was the Goddess of Justice, and was unmercifully fair. The young priestess doubted Farona would discriminate elf from forest-man from orc.
"I would venture to say that she wold be willing to aid you. But you must perform an equally rewarding act in favor of her. If you would not mind remaining in Avynral for the next week, I will communicate with Her Honor and share her judgment with you." She observed him critically for a moment. "You are clearly uncomfortable here. I can arrange for a shelter to be constructed in the forest outside the city gates for you to reside in. I know your kind have a distaste for places disconnected from nature. But we also have a strong bond with nature, as our ancestors were very similar to your people. This is why we do not build with wood. We build with stone so that we do not kill in order to live. The door is not dead, though it may seem that it is. It's life force is not one of this world, which is why you cannot feel it." She smiled. "Do not fear. We are not as different as you may think."
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Village of Avynral cont.   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Fawzi sighed in relief. He decided he could trust this Elven woman-
"thank you," he said, intensely grateful. "you needn't bother about my accommodations: it is very easily taken care of. I require very little. I am grateful for your and your goddess's help and time. Please, whenever you have any news- I will be, as you suggested, outside your city by the forest. I wish to make friends with your trees- they must have interesting stories to tell. Perhaps they might know the Tybai."
He was bowin to leave when the priestess interrupted him.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 1:36 am

"The Tybai? You mean the creators of nature?" She found it incredible that these trees could possibly be old enough to remember the Creation. Perhaps she could learn much from this forest-man. "How old are these trees? The Creation was fifteen thousand years ago. If they were to know the Tybai, then they'd have to be at least ten thousand years old. The Tybai died when the Hell Lords came into power in the East."

Last edited by Joker on Sat May 28, 2011 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Village of Avynral cont.   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 12:23 pm

"My people refuse to believe the Tybai are truly gone: we can still feel them in our minds- shaping and creating the world around them. We cannot, however feel where they are. It is like...seeing someone you know well but being unable to see the area around them. Someday we hope to reunite with our parents, the Tybai, and create beautiful places together- as we did before the time of the Hell Lords. But, yes, your trees here are much older than you think- and if you were to travel deep enough you'd find Patja- the parent tree from which they all descend. He is incredibly ancient: and full of wisdom. I feel him telling his newest children stories- I wish to go hear them myself. Perhaps he has seen the Tybai in recent years and can tell me why the Tybai continue to hide from their own children, my people."
Fawzi found it difficult to continue: he remembered the first time he had felt the Tybai presence in his mind. He had been a child- playing by the Montihook stream with his siblings. The presence was beautiful- a feeling of completeness, connection to all, protection, and peace. That is the feeling all Dryaids have searched for since the loss of the Tybai.

Last edited by Shahrazad's Book on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:50 pm

"Intriguing..." Kadyseljia decided that she would have to explore the forest surrounding the city. As it was, she had never set foot outside the walls of Avynral since she was born. Perhaps it was time for an adventure.
"Well, I hope you enjoy your visit. If you need anything, don't hesitate to visit the temple. We are quite generous to travelers, as Farona teaches that they are bringers of change, and justice prevails through change." She bowed respectfully. "And perhaps you can tell me more about the trees." She smiled. Behind the foliage that adorned his body, Fawzi was very attractive. Kadyseljia hadn't really thought about it, but there weren't many particular good looking men in the city, and nobody nearly this interesting. She felt a strange sort of attraction to him. Perhaps she had just made a friend. It was a new experience for her. Growing up in the care of the Priestesses, she never had the freedom to have any real friends. Her closest friend was a field mouse that made its home in the wall in her room in the winter. She had never known anything but solitude. She enjoyed this forest-man's company.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Village of Avynral cont.   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:26 am

Fawzi smiled as he bowed deeply.
"Thank you very much," he said sincerely. Turning to leave the temple, he passed by her and caught a scent of juniper trees. How odd- he could feel the woman's inexperience with forests practically radiating off her: yet the trees still had marked her as a Liet. Did she even know? Fawzi doubted it. How very very interesting. He must spend more time with this woman: and find out what caused the junipers to take such a liking to her. He smiled at her as the scent of juniper filled his nose and walked out the door. Stopping slightly, he caressed it lightly: yes, there was echoes of life there. The door lived on a different plane. He had never before seen anything like that. All in all, this village was a very interesting place for a Dryaid. He continued walking through the center of town as his thoughts swirled around him. He did not smell any more Liets within the village, though there were some men and women there with obviously more woodland experience than the Priestess. He finally stepped into the furthest reaches of the forest. The trees here were very young- he sang them the songs his mother had taught him as they played with the passing breezes. Asking them to shape him a hut, they obliged- curving to create a leafy roof with a spacious room underneath encircled by trunks and branches. He walked in a slow circle- looking for where they placed the door. Tapping on a trunk that faced the city, the branches next to it unwove and Fawzi stepped into his temporary abode. The trees closed the door behind him, and Fawzi prepared to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 12:40 pm

After Fawzi had left the temple, Kadyseljia closed the door behind him. Peculiar that a forest-man should visit the temple today. The night before, she dreamt that she was a forest-woman, talking with the trees and plants and animals. Perhaps she would speak with her adoptive-mother, Escata, about her visions. It was getting late, and the sun was falling below the horizon. The young priestess proceeded to light the numerous candles of the temple's altar so that the prayer services could commence. It was almost time for the High Priestess to begin the monthly Blessing of the Condemned, a ritual asking forgiveness and fair judgment upon the criminals being tried at the temple. It was Kadyseljia's turn to be the acolyte, her first time with the honor. She was excited, but terrified as well. It was an overwhelming responsibility. She said a quick prayer to Farona for guidance.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: The Forest Outside Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 4:37 pm

The trees were tinted red with the dying sun as Fawzi walked through the forest. Or, rather, Fawzi did not walk. The Woodland people who dwell within the forests never walk among the trees: they perform a sort of ghostly glide across the earth- never disturbing a twig or fallen leaf. They are completely silent. This comes effortlessly to them, and even their smallest of children can glide this way. It's been described by outsiders as mystical and unearthly, but to the Dryaids it is commonplace and requires no thought. Fawzi's eyes roamed as he moved deeper into the forest. He was looking for Patja, the parent tree of this forest. It was odd for a forest so old to be as small as this one, though the Elves probably thought it no mean size. Fawzi thought on the difference in perspective when a place is a home verses a block in a long path towards elsewhere. Fawzi smiled- before him was Patja. He sung the customary greeting, bowed low, and began to climb towards the top. This Patja was playful- twisting branches to challenge Fawzi, hiding beautiful sights with his leaves then suddenly unveiling them. Fawzi let the Patja play for a long while- it had been a vey long time even by tree standards since this Patja had talked with a Dryaid. Fawzi finally sat on an upper branch and asked the Patja for his stories. Patja talked about the Elven people frequently- they often traveled in the outskirts of his woods but never dared to go deeper. All the same, the Patja knew much about their culture and ways. Fawzi was beginning to understand the Elvish ways thanks to this ancient tree. Suddenly, Fawzi felt drum beats through the trees. After a few silent moments he heard them with his own ears.
"Patja" he asked "what are the Elven folk doing tonight?"
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:07 pm

As Kadyseljia lit the final candle in a long row of candles, The curtains in the rear of the large hall were thrown open as a caravan of women dressed in white robes with blue trim paraded into the room. They stood in perfect lines, with pristine posture and blank expressions. At the end of the group was a regal looking woman in a black robe with white trim. A hood shrouded her face, and her hands were entirely hidden by the long sleeves of her gown. She broke off from the group and approached the altar. She bowed, said a prayer, stood and walked to Kadyseljia. "Is everything prepared, child?"
Kadyseljia nodded. "Yes High Priestess, everything is ready for the ceremony." There was no recognition from the High Priestess besides a subtle nod as she turned to face the crowd of priestesses, who were all now kneeling several yards from the altar. The altar itself was a masterpiece of craftsmanship. There was a large stone table on a platform several feet off the ground. On the table was a massive, ornate balance formed from bronze. Above it was a hand constructed from stone protruding from the wall behind it, covering the balance. The High Priestess now stood in front of the balance and dropped to her knees. Kadyseljia proceeded to her place for the ceremony, opening the doors of the temple to reveal a montage of people, the condemned, who were to receive Farona's blessing, thus deciding their fate. Kadyseljia led the shackled criminals to the front of the altar, where they were all given a chance to pray to the goddess. Kadyseljia then took a stone, perfectly smooth and balanced, and handed it to the High Priestess, who took it from her and stepped to the first prisoner. She touched the stone to the woman's bound hands and kissed her forehead. Then the priestess turned to face the altar and said another prayer. She handed the stone to Kadyseljia then. Drawing upon her elven talents, Kadyseljia's feet lifted from the ground. She floated gracefully up to the balance, and placed the stone on the right plate of the balance. She then landed on the ground in front of the altar. Kadyseljia then fell to her knees and prayed to Farona for fair judgement, resumed her levitation, and landed on the left plate of the balance. If the balance favored the side with the stone, the prisoner was guilty and unworthy of pardon, and would be dealt with according to their crime. If it favored the side with the acolyte, the criminal was freed of al charges, blessed by the High Priestess, and released. For this unfortunate woman, the balance tipped toward the stone. Two priestesses stood from the audience and seized the woman by her arms. The woman shouted excuses and begged for another chance, but she was soon removed from the hall. Kadyseljia's heart stung at the sight of what she was responsible for, but assured herself that this was Farona's judgment. The process was repeated several times, until they had come to the last of the condemned.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 3:20 pm

Jevryn stood motionless as the young acolyte approached him. He had been accused of heresy for worshipping another being than Farona. It was true - he was a follower of nature. But because it was true, he would be executed or sentenced to a lifetime of servitude. Neither was particularly appealing to him. As the acolyte raised the judgment stone to touch his hands, he hooked his foot around her ankle, dropping her to the ground. He seized the moment of chaos to make a break for the door. As he exploded through the marble gateway, he was hammered in the chest with a heavy hammer. There was the taste of blood in his mouth as Jevryn felt his ribs snap. Somehow, he mustered the strength to wrench the hammer from the guard, and swung it, making contack just above the guard's jawbone. The escapee dropped the weapon and bolted off into the forest, ignoring the shouts of horror and anger behind him.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Fawzi stood in the doorway of the temple of Farona nervously. What kind of person was this High Priestess? He did not know. He was curious, however, how fifty or more of Farona's Priestesses all living within the temple walls, and her innumerable followers both living and visiting the surrounding area, and the 30 or so villagers could miss a demon walking in their midst and populating their tiny village. It was extremely strange, and Fawzi was getting a bad feeling about the High Priestess. He could be wrong, but it was unlikely. What if the priestesses could not help Aldeal? Would Fawzi be forced to fulfill his vow to go to whatever lengths he could to avoid calling in the Elder Sages? The acolyte he had meet before walked up to the temple door, she recognized him and smiled. Her wrist was wrapped- she had been injured.
"Hello, again- I realize you have probably not had the time to discuss my plight with your High Priestess, but I am not here today to pester you about that. I do apologize if this is an inconvenient time, but what I have to say cannot wait."
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:59 pm

Kadyseljia was taken aback by the poignant nature of the greeting. "No, I haven't had the chance to speak with the High Priestess. We had quite the show at our most recent ritual. A man by the name of Jevryn escaped persecution. We are still in the process of locating him." The young acolyte noticed what seemed to be a look of surprised on the forest-man's face, but brushed it aside as inconsequential. "What is it that you need to speak to me about?" Kadyseljia had noticed a strange presence within the village the day before, but it disappeared early this morning. Perhaps it had gone into the forest and disturbed Fawzi. The forest-dweller was clearly distressed by whatever it is he had to talk about, but was trying very hard not to show it.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Fawzi shifted his weight from one side to the other.
"Well, you see- there is a...well, the forest is currently having a small invasion of an...unwanted kind. There is a boy there. I'm afraid he's possessed. Very strongly. I would call my own people but I fear that they would not...it is no matter. I have come to ask whether you can assist me in releasing the boy from the control of the demon that possesses him." Fawzi thought carefully. If Jevryn had escaped the judgment of the goddess Farona, he must be guilty of something. Fawzi carefully considered. Patja Farlok trusted the Oak Liet, and Fawzi trusted the Patja. That must suffice for now. The acolyte seemed uncomfortable, he caught the scent of juniper as she stepped closer towards him, as if wishing to confide something.
"I only ask because the demon is strong," Fawzi began again, "and I fear I cannot do it on my own. I just wish to extract the demon without the boy being harmed. If you cannot guarantee me that, then I must seek help for him elsewhere. It is a manner of honor for me."
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:31 pm

Kadyseljia considered for a moment. "The only promise I can give is that Farona's judgment will be fair. If the High Priestess were to dispel the demon, the fate of the boy would be determined by whether or not he was deserving of his circumstances or not. If he is unworthy of life, then he will not be spared, but if she deems him to be worthy of surviving the rite, then he will live." For the first time ever as a priestess, the words of her goddess's teachings sounded painfully harsh and heartless. She sincerely wanted the boy to live, whether or not he deserved the demon to possess him. She considered a moment... this would not look good in Farona's eyes. "Perhaps I can help you capture the boy, and we can determine whether or not we should contact the High Priestess." This was going against all of what she had ever been taught, and she was entirely unsure why she was saying any of these things. Only time could tell if this was the right path to take.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Fawzi's mind was taking gigantic leaps as he tried to process this latest conversation. He knew from Patja Farlok that this was not part of the Elves' teachings for Farona. This Liet was offering to go against her goddess. Fawzi was torn between worry and awe.
"Thank you," was all he could manage to say, and he motioned the Juniper Liet to follow him, "I will show you, but we must be quiet." The Juniper Liet nodded.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:32 pm

Kadyseljia gathered a few belongings -- acolytes weren't permitted a great deal of property-- and followed the forest-man out of the temple. They walked hastily through the village. His long gait made it difficult for the shorter woman to keep up, but she managed. They emerged from the large archway into the city, a meticulously decorated tunnel of stone with gold trim in the shape of leaves. It represented the fluidity of nature to civilization. Very few knew that. This knowledge was a testament to Kadyseljia's love of reading.

She followed Fawzi into the darkening forest.

((Move to The Elven Wood section))

Last edited by Joker on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Chenda looked around at the town they had entered as the sun reached its zenith. It was entirely peopled by Elves, who cast wary looks at the traveling Dryads. Chenda closed her eyes in an attempt to fell for Fawzi's mind. It was difficult to do when she was so stressed and tense. She inhaled deeply through her nose and thought of her old friend: she saw his face in her mind's eye, recalled a thousand different memories, all of them what defined Fawzi for her. She reached out a hand and pointed, eyes still closed. Slowly, her hand moved, pointing the direction Fawzi was. Chenda opened her eyes.
"There," she said, certainty in her voice, "That way, in the center of the forest. We'd best hurry." The Dryads said nothing, but moved with swiftness. No one in this group felt anything but respect for Fawzi, who had dared to search for help in the West. They ran swiftly as Dryads do- silent, and gliding. Chenda focused all her energy on the faint connection in her mind that she recognized as Fawzi, praying she might help him in time.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:37 pm

The renegade elf crouched watchfully in the brush just outside the city. It had only been a few weeks since the incident at the temple, and Jevryn wasn't prepared to test his combat skills against the highly trained Sentinels that guard the gate. The bell of the temple rang out, marking the end of the work day for most professions in the town. The guards would be changing in exactly three minutes, holding to their strict and carefully planned schedule.

Sure enough, the heavily armored guards at the gate turned in unison, mounted their spears against their shoulders, and turned in through the archway. The setting sun glinted off their violet-blue tinted armor, the most prominent identifier for the Sentinels.

Time to go. Jevryn slipped silently out of the raspberry bush he had been hiding in, carefully whispering to the shrub as Fawzi had taught him so as to avoid being cut by the thorns. The new guards would be approaching through the postern gate to the left of the main entrance, which was now starting to close. It was never kept open during the evening hours. The ranger-elf glided across the grass, silently sneaking through the shadows cast by the looming archway and in through the closing doors. He dodged behind Kalytha's Inn on the right side of the gate as the replacement Sentinels entered through the postern gate.

Now that Jevryn had made it into Avynral, he had to figure out where he was going to get help. He came to the center square. There was a significant number of people gathered there, seemingly around something. He slipped out of the shadows and joined the crowd, hoping nobody would recognize him. Someone was speaking from the middle. A dryad! Maybe these were the dryads who came from Doherwos.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Villiage of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:01 pm

(NOTE: this is slightly out of sequence with the rest of the events. This occurs BEFORE Chenda goes to Farlock Forest)
Chenda was getting a little annoyed. The elves were impeding her path to the forest, to Fawzi, and staring at her like they had never seen a Dryad before. Chenda tried to shift through the crowd, but was inevitably blocked each time she tried to escape. Then she smelled on the wind- yes! A Liet! An Oak Liet here in town! Her heart soared. Fawzi would know of any Liet within five miles of the forest. Chenda walked purposefully up to to the Elf. He tensed, looking at her differently from the other elves. His gaze didn't quite have the same awe, the same surprise. He had seen a Dryad before. Chenda began to pray.
"Greetings," she said, lowering her head slightly to acknowledge him, "I am called Chenda. I am looking for someone, and I believe you can help me," her voice lowered to the volume of a soft breeze across the tree tops, "Where is Fawzi?" she asked, her eyes boring into his.
Back to top Go down
Joker
Admin
Admin
Joker

Character sheet

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 5:34 pm

"You are Chenda?" She nodded. Jevryn's heart skipped a beat. These people were all dryads. Maybe having so many would help heal the forest more than having just one. "Fawzi's in danger." It didn't appear that this was news to the dryad, and definitely not what she wanted to hear. "I... err... don't know where he went. He just ran off somewhere, and I couldn't follow him. I couldn't find his energy, but I'm not that good at feeling energies yet." Chenda clearly wanted Jevryn to stop talking and take her somewhere useful. "Sorry, I'll take you to Patja Farlok." He grabbed Chenda's hand and pulled her through the crowd, who had just recognized him and cleared a path. It wasn't long before there were two Sentinels on his trail.
Back to top Go down
Shahrazad's Book

Character sheet
Name:
Profession:

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Villiage of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:00 pm

Chenda saw the Elvish warriors follow her guide. She sent a small signal to her group, motioning them to try and follow her. They ghosted behind her and the Elf. What was his name? He hadn't said. Granted, after he confirmed her fears about Fawzi she didn't much care. Still, she felt a twinge of guilt at being so rude. She figured she could always ask later. In the meantime, they were approaching the forest. The Elf was nervous, that much was clear, but Chenda shoved all thoughts aside and focused on her goal: Fawzi.

((Move to The Elven Wood section))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Village of Avynral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village of Avynral   Village of Avynral Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Village of Avynral
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Once Upon A Time :: Fantasy :: Story - Brayst-
Jump to: